It used to be a luxury, now it is quickly becoming an essential part of savvy real estate agents marketing. I’m talking of course about real estate video, specifically cinematic real estate video. What was once reserved for the “have’s” is now the primary method of consuming content online. How many videos did you watch last week, have you watched today – on Facebook, YouTube, Pinterest, Instagram or TikTok?
Real Estate Video is now an essential part of your personal and property marketing and it’s never been easier or more accessible. While I had to literally fail my way forward in learning real estate video, you don’t have to, there are real estate podcasts dedicated to creating viral videos.
Take A Look Around You
One of the best ways to understand marketing is to look around, at the everyday consumer. What are they doing? Where are they going? How do they consume information? Look up right now and you’ll likely see at least 60% of the people around you looking down – at their smart phones, their laptops, iPad’s. What are they doing? Well, if they are not playing a game on Facebook they are likely watching a video on Facebook or YouTube.
According to CISCO “consumer internet video traffic accounted for 64% of all consumer internet traffic in 2014”. Consumers clearly prefer video. This is right on track with CISCO’s earlier claim “Globally, consumer internet video traffic will be 80 percent of all consumer Internet traffic in 2019,” There are many benefits to using video in your real estate marketing.
Benefits Of Using Video In Your Real Estate Business
1) Video makes us smarter. Humans retain 58% more information when we are shown HOW to do something – visually. If you were in the market for a new home would you prefer 25 pictures or a video that shows depth and size?
2) Video builds trust and rapport. Studies have shown that people are more likely to like and trust people they have seen in person – even in video marketing – than people they have only spoken to on the phone or through email.
3) Video is emotional. Video conveys so much more than text or pictures. We are more likely to laugh, cry, be happy or sad by something we see than something we read. If a picture says 1000 words, video says – them all.
4) Video is fast. We can convey a message is a shorter about of time with video than text. It could take another real estate agent 20 minutes to convey their value through text whereas that same message can be conveyed almost instantly through video. This is especially important given the immediate gratification, world we live in. As consumers attention spans get smaller you need to grab their attention immediately. Video does that.
5) Video is believable. You are more likely to believe a video message than one comprised of text or pictures.
6) Video uses more of our senses. We naturally believe in what we can hear and see. It is easier for our brains to process. These visual cues in a video can convince us of the appeal of a product or service. A home for sale or a real estate agents knowledge and experience.
7) Video Is Purple Cow. Every real estate agent has a website (at least they should). Some real estate agents have multiple and some real estate companies have hundreds or even thousands of them. That is a lot of competition. Everyone has a website but not every real estate agent is using video in their real estate business. Nationally, less than 15% of real estate agents are using video. Video is different. In a sea of links on the 1st page of Google, Video sticks out like a sore thumb. Video is Purple Cow.
8) Video Gets Found. Video is 57% more likely to make it on the 1st page of Google than text alone. I have multiple videos on the 1st page. If you were looking for information about Phoenix, about a subdivision, a home for sale, the buying or selling process, short sale, REO – would you click one of the 9 links that all look the same or the video?
How Savvy Real Estate Agents Are Using Real Estate Video
I launched Hub Media Company in 2014 but I’ve been producing real estate videos since 2008 through my other websites like MyTitleGuy.com. Hub Media Company currently works with a who’s who of the real estate industry. As I write this there are entire brokerages making real estate video a staple in their brand marketing (to other real estate agents) as well as an offering to the consumer. These savvy agents are using video in their listing presentations, in direct mail, newsletters, FSBO, expired, buyer and seller campaigns. We are producing “professional profile” videos that don’t necessarily highlight the agent or team, but instead highlight what the agent or team can do for the consumer. How they can help, what problem they solve, their expertise, what areas they serve, how working with them will save the consumer TIME and MONEY.
More Activity Around Listings With Real Estate Video
Property videos are a necessity today. Our Cinematic Property Tours help the consumer mentally move in to a property. The buyer can see the granite counters in the kitchen, they can almost feel the heat coming from the stainless Wolf or Sub Zero 6 burner range, they can see where the couch is and where their’s will go. Listings with video see a 400% increase in inquiries and website views than those without. The National Association of Realtors (NAR) survey shows that 73% of sellers want to list with an agent who uses video marketing, yet only 14% of REALTORS® actually market with video.
Video is often the first impression the consumer has of you and your brand. Real estate agents are unquestionably winning listings because of real estate video. They are further extending their reach by sharing their videos on Facebook, Pinterest, YouTube, Twitter, Google +, ActiveRain and more. Video allows a real estate agents marketing to work for them 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, even while they sleep. For the real estate agents that leverage it, video will get your message across faster and more convincingly than any other medium.
While Thera er many kinds and types of video you can do yourself, with your iPhone or iPad, there are others that should be professional. Examples include, property videos, community videos, testimonials, agent spotlights, business profiles and more. If you are in the Phoenix Metro area you can trust your boys at Hub Media Company to tell the story. Ready to get started? Start right HERE