I got a call the other day from a real estate agent in Florida. His question: “Stephen, should I bother making a real estate video for my lower end listings?”
I remember way back in the day when I used to get questions from real estate agents like “should I use video?”, I don’t get those so much anymore (thankfully) which tells me the real estate community is FINALLY catching on to the value of leveraging video in their real estate business.
What I told him and what I will tell you is this: “YES! You should make a video for every one of your listings!”
I’m not sure where it came from but for some reason there is this notion that real estate video is only for LUXURY properties. Over the years, I’ve shot my share of luxury properties, from Paradise Valley to Scottsdale, Cave Creek to Queen Creek. If I helped to further this myth, “video is only for LUXURY properties” I apologize. NOTHING could be further from the truth. In my opinion, video should be used on ALL of your real estate listings.
A few years ago, it used to be good enough to just “do” video. Those days are over. Now real estate videos need to have some VALUE for the consumer. What a property looks like, what a property FEELS like, the floor plan are all of value – to the consumer.
If I was a real estate agent I would make a video for EVERY listing, regardless of price. And here’s why…
9 Reasons Why Every Real Estate Listing Should Have A Video
- IMAGINE THAT. Regardless of the price range, a good real estate video will help a buyer mentally move into the property. This will increase the likelihood of a showing and ultimately a sale
- INCREASED VISIBILITY. A good real estate video will increase the likelihood of, not just the home, but THE REAL ESTATE AGENT, of getting found online. Video is 53 times more likely to appear on page 1 of Google compared to text alone
- COMPETITION. Video will help real estate agents compete with 3rd party aggregators like Zillow, Trulia and REALTOR dot com. These are some of the websites that steal your traffic and your leads. The optimize a RETTS feed from your MLS to get their website found online BEFORE yours. BUT! They don’t have an answer for video. You can take back some of your web rankings as you are here locally. You can create hyper local video content (your listings) they simply cannot.
- STAND OUT. Video will differentiate you from your competition. Let the other guys do their standard postcards and flyers, sports schedules, newsletters and door hangers – while they are part of a strategy – THEY ARE NOT THE STRATEGY! You can use direct mail to drive the consumer to your videos. Of course, those videos will be on your website, where the consumer can search for homes and learn more about you.
- PERSONABLE. Video will help you show up as more of a PERSON instead of a SALES PERSON. People do business with people they LIKE and TRUST. This is another benefit video can do because the consumer can SEE your body language. They can SEE you know your stuff. That you are passionate about their home and your business.
- BRANDING. Video will help you build your personal brand.
- SPEED. Because video is FAST, you can convey more information in a shorter period of time, keeping the consumer engaged
- WEBSITE TRAFFIC. Video ranks better than websites. Google LOVES video. The more videos you have on your website the more traffic Google can send to them.
- EMOTIONS. Video uses more of our emotions. Emotions are imperative in any sales process. Haven’t you noticed all these retailers trying to appeal to us through our desire to be someone else? Like someone else?
Of all the reasons to have a video for every listing, none of them have anything to do with price. Take a look at the video below.
Now, answer the following questions.
What was the first name of the listing agent?
What subdivision was the property in?
What color was the front door?
Did the property have a pool?
Were the appliances black or stainless steel
The fact that you can answer any of these questions proves my point. Video conveys more information than any other medium.
The real estate agents that are using video in their business CORRECTLY are killing it. They are walking out of listing appointments victorious, even in the face of better known agents. They are getting found online. Their phones are ringing. We can help you do the same. Order your video today.