In their quest to grow their real estate business,I see so many “average” real estate agents trying to do just that “buying, selling, investing, rental – for all your real estate needs”.
Hi, I’m Stephen Garner, President of HUB Media Company in Phoenix, Arizona and a former sales exec in the title industry for 13 years.
I’ve worked with the top real estate agents, the newbies and the up and comers, which is how I can tell you this…. The top real estate agents don’t try to be all things to everyone, they leverage themselves and their resources by focusing on a niche.
For some real estate agents that real estate niche is a zip code (85258). For others it’s a housing type (condo’s, luxury, active adult) or transaction type (1031 Exchange). For others it’s a community or subdivision (Augusta Ranch, Vistancia) or city (Paradise Valley, S Chandler, Sun Lakes.
There are riches in niches. Here is how to start going down the road of being a top agent through real estate niche marketing. Now, this isn’t a theory. It’s not a guess or even a hypothesis (remember that word from high school 🙂 I did this with MyTitleGuy.com in 2008 and to this day, this real estate niche marketing website still gets 2,000 – 4,000 unique visitors each month (with little participation from me)
Real Estate Niche Marketing Plan
1) LEARN EVERYTHING you can about your chosen niche. Attend classes, networking events, do your own research, find a mentor currently in the niche. Join a team that specializes in this niche if you must
2) Create a website on your niche. (See above)
3) Create specific content on this niche as much as possible.(once a week is fine for starting out, aim for 2-3 times per week)
– content like blogs, images, articles, videos, interviews, indexable IDX feeds, downloads, ebooks
4) Tell EVERYONE what your niche is. Face to face, through social media, email, sign riders, business cards, websites and blogs (all consumer facing collateral should clearly display your niche)
5) Use direct mail, email to drive consumers to your niche specific website
6) Join networking groups about your niche (le tip, AMA etc)
7) Work ON your niche not IN your niche. Leverage graphic designers, photographers, videographers, content writers, lenders, title to help you create content on your niche.
8) Find other blogs on your niche (investing, retirement, Ocotillo etc) and comment on them. Make sure your profile (disqus, Epoch, ISSO etc) is complete with links to your niche website along with a short description of your value proposition and/or unique selling proposition.
9) Make custom signs and sign riders with calls to action about your niche.
10) Use video more that any other medium (you in front of your webcam talking is fine) Answer the top 10 questions consumers have about your niche. Tell a personal story about your niche.
11) Create a downloadable ebook that answers the most common questions your ideal client has about your niche. Embed in your website with email address required for access
12) Start now. Don’t wait. PERFECTION is the enemy of PRODUCTION
You have heard it before – you don’t have to be great to start, but you do have to start to be great. Consumers today want to work with the expert, wouldn’t you? If you were buying a home, would you want the real estate agent that knows the area or the real estate agent that knows the area, the schools, things to do, builders, neighbors, major employers?
Find your niche. Tell the world about it and allocate all your resources to it. Consumers will find you.